Sadly, Mike had to bow out due to illness so Jason would be going out with another guide. This was the deciding factor for me; Jas would be out with a new guide and would need to move quickly to find a bear on the final day.
Instead, I took my camera out to Telegraph Cove and a few other little corners of north Vancouver Island. To be honest, I did need a break from the fourteen hour days in the truck and on the trail.
The day was completely clear and rather hot... not the greatest for shooting random landscapes. I knew I simply had to wait till dusk, and I had just the right spot in mind at Port Alice.
In the fading light, miles away, Jas finally got his bear.
![]() |
| A rail yard at Telegraph Cove: there is a fair bit of rail line on this island. Mostly it is used to move timber, but I just learned that there is also a passenger service. That would have been fun. |




No comments:
Post a Comment