Tuesday, 10 May 2016

The Weather Turns

Just a very quick post today, to try and catch things up.

Today, the weather turned grey and blustery. In a way, this was good news for me as it meant more dramatic skies and a bit more atmosphere. Unfortunately it also meant walking and driving thorough cold and damp, But the views were worth it.

And the bears proved even more elusive.


Mist: the forest completely changes complexion in the rain.

Forest: as hunter and guide were off checking out an estuary that was a known haunt for a large boar, I took the time to shoot the forest and the changing light. A mix of light rain and mist swirled about most of the day. For the first time, I was able to set up the tripod and use a wide lens.

A photo bomb: as I set up a shot of the forest road and surrounds, I noticed some movement back up from where we had driven through half an hour before. It was the bear that the hunting party had set out to find, simply crossing the road. I had the camera locked in the tripod and a wide lens on, and I was set to take a series of multiple exposures. As the bear wandered across the road, all I could do was click the shutter. The other guys turned up just ten minutes later, but the bear was gone.

More mist: forested slopes simply faded away into layers of grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment